- October 20, 2020, 7-9 p.m., ONLINE: "Unfamiliar Environments in the Caribbean 1494-96: A Famine, an ‘Indigenous Conspiracy’, and/ or a Climate Anomaly?", Seminar Series on Environmental History, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
- October 22, 2020, 4:45-5:45 p.m., ONLINE: "Invisible Networks of Security: The Rise of Professional Reinsurance Companies during the Mid-19th Century", Conference Historicizing Security, Justus Liebig Universität Giessen, October 22-23, 2020, Germany.
- Interview (in German) with the Rahmenprogramm Geistes- und Sozialwissenschaften of the Bundesminsterium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF) about the effects of the CORONA pandemic on society (May 06, 2020).
- Interview with Bielefeld Campus Radio Hertz 87.9 on the newly launched interdisciplinary lecture series Lectures For Future (October 2019)
- Talk on Podcast Praktisch Theoretisch (German) on Climate and Disaster history ([Folge #8] Katrina, Katastrophen und das Klima: Should I stay or should I go?) (August 2019).
- Interview with the History News Network (HNN) on "What I'm Reading" (March 25, 2019).
- Interview with German radio WDR about the recently organized international conference "Contact - Conquest - Colonization" (October 11-13.2018) and Bielefeld University's Collaborative Research Center "Practices of Comparing" (October 11, 2018).
- Interview with WWLTV about 300 years of Hurricane History in New Orleans and my new book Changes in the Air (April 14, 2018).
Recently Organized Workshops, Conferences, and Lecture Series
The art work for the posters of the three environmentally themed workshops was done by the fabulously talented student assistants of Bielefeld's Center for InterAmerican Studies and Latin American History Department, Alina Muñoz and Nadine Melzer; credits for the design of the Contact-Conquest-Colonization poster go to the Collaborative Research Center's Communications Manager, Rebecca Moltmann.