Upcoming Papers and Conferences 2022
- May 9, 2022: Keynote "Corona, Klima und weisses Vormachtsdenken - Multiple Krisen oder eine?" at Humpis Museum Ravensburg
- June 13-16, 2022: Commentator at the GHI Paris Summer School on Environmental History (virtual attendance)
- June 14: Lightning talk at "Environmental History & Policy: Learning from past pandemics and climate crises", MPI-WG Berlin (virtual attendance)
- July 4-8, 2022: Speaker on Panel "Modernity, history and the challenge of environmental management" at ESEH, Bristol
- Interview with Geo EPOCHE, "Überleben der Zivilisation - Warum der Mensch sich selbst die größte Gefahr ist", June 2022, Issue 115.
- Talk on Podcast Treibhaus - Der Klimapodcast: "Klimageschichte - was wir aus Katastrophen lernen können", Episode 28, März 2022.
- Interview (in German) with the Rahmenprogramm Geistes- und Sozialwissenschaften of the Bundesminsterium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF) about the effects of the CORONA pandemic on society (May 06, 2020).
- Interview with Bielefeld Campus Radio Hertz 87.9 on the newly launched interdisciplinary lecture series Lectures For Future (October 2019)
- Talk on Podcast Praktisch Theoretisch (German) on Climate and Disaster history ([Folge #8] Katrina, Katastrophen und das Klima: Should I stay or should I go?) (August 2019).
- Interview with the History News Network (HNN) on "What I'm Reading" (March 25, 2019).
- Interview with German radio WDR about the recently organized international conference "Contact - Conquest - Colonization" (October 11-13.2018) and Bielefeld University's Collaborative Research Center "Practices of Comparing" (October 11, 2018).
- Interview with WWLTV about 300 years of Hurricane History in New Orleans and my new book Changes in the Air (April 14, 2018).
Recently Organized Workshops, Conferences, and Lecture Series
The art work for the posters of the three environmentally themed workshops was done by the fabulously talented student assistants of Bielefeld's Center for InterAmerican Studies and Latin American History Department, Alina Muñoz and Nadine Melzer; credits for the design of the Contact-Conquest-Colonization poster go to the Collaborative Research Center's Communications Manager, Rebecca Moltmann.