- June 11-14, 2019 panel co-organizer Natural Catastrophes and Risk Management in the United States and paper “Comprehensive-Risk” or “Flood-only”? The Controversies surrounding the National Flood Insurance Program in the Wake of Hurricane Betsy (1965) at the conference Risk and the Insurance Business in History, Seville, Spain.
- November 14-16, 2019 co-organizer of the interdisciplinary conference Modelling Socio-Environmental Transformations in the Americas During the Little Ice Age, 1492 - 1800, Center for Interdisciplinary Research (ZiF) Bielefeld, Germany.
- Interview with the History News Network (HNN) on "What I'm Reading" (March 25, 2019).
- Interview with German radio WDR about the recently organized international conference "Contact - Conquest - Colonization" (October 11-13.2018) and Bielefeld University's Collaborative Research Center "Practices of Comparing" (October 11, 2018).
- Interview with WWLTV about 300 years of Hurricane History in New Orleans and my new book Changes in the Air (April 14, 2018).
Recently Organized Workshops and Conferences
The art work for the posters of the three environmentally themed workshops was done by the fabulously talented student assistants of Bielefeld's Center for InterAmerican Studies and Latin American History Department, Alina Muñoz and Nadine Melzer; credits for the design of the Contact-Conquest-Colonization poster go to the Collaborative Research Center's Communications Manager, Rebecca Moltmann.