- March 11, 2020 paper Umwelt in der Verflechtungsgeschichte? Sozio-ökologische Transformationen in der Karibik, 1500-1800 in the Early Modern History Colloquium of the University of Basel, Switzerland.
- March 25-29, 2020 speaker at the roundtable Environmental Historians Teach the Climate Crisis at the annual conference of the American Society for Environmental History (ASEH), Ottawa, Canada.
- Interview with Bielefeld Campus Radio Hertz 87.9 on the newly launched interdisciplinary lecture series Lectures For Future (October 2019)
- Talk on Podcast Praktisch Theoretisch (German) on Climate and Disaster history ([Folge #8] Katrina, Katastrophen und das Klima: Should I stay or should I go?) (August 2019).
- Interview with the History News Network (HNN) on "What I'm Reading" (March 25, 2019).
- Interview with German radio WDR about the recently organized international conference "Contact - Conquest - Colonization" (October 11-13.2018) and Bielefeld University's Collaborative Research Center "Practices of Comparing" (October 11, 2018).
- Interview with WWLTV about 300 years of Hurricane History in New Orleans and my new book Changes in the Air (April 14, 2018).
Recently Organized Workshops, Conferences, and Lecture Series
The art work for the posters of the three environmentally themed workshops was done by the fabulously talented student assistants of Bielefeld's Center for InterAmerican Studies and Latin American History Department, Alina Muñoz and Nadine Melzer; credits for the design of the Contact-Conquest-Colonization poster go to the Collaborative Research Center's Communications Manager, Rebecca Moltmann.