- Maria Sibylla Merian Center for Advanced Latin American Studies (CALAS) (funded by the German Ministry for Research and Education
Together with Bielefeld colleague and CALAS directors Dr. Olaf Kaltmeier and Dr. Gerardo Cham, as well as with Dra. Susana Herera Lima (ITESO) I will coordinate the research group Coping with Environmental Crises, which is scheduled to start working at the center in 2022. The main intellectual product to come out of the research group's work is a six-volume hand book about the Latin American perspective on the Anthropocene.
- Collaborative Research Center (SFB) 1288 Practices of Comparing (funded by the German Research Council)
- Center for Interdisciplinary Research, Bielefeld (ZiF) Cooperation Group Volcanoes, Climate and History (VCH), Nov 2021-Oct 2023
VCH will engage with the interface of climate and history in a new way, beginning with the premise that exchange and dialogue across disciplinary and epistemological divides should be habitual practice. Five one-week meetings of the seven Core Group Fellows, together with an additional six scholars per meeting, will allow us to disentangle the possible climatic and environmental responses and societal consequences of volcanic eruptions. Our hypothesis-driven meetings will prioritise those challenges that constitute present frontiers of knowledge in any given field.
Other Research Projects
- Book Project: Encountering the Tropics and Transforming Unfamiliar Environments in the Caribbean, 1492 to 1804
- Historical Perspectives on Climate Change Aadaptation